History of Heights Baptist Church
Our witness in Medicine Hat was first established in 1890, when we were known as First Baptist Church, and located in the 3rd St. SE block in the ‘flats’ area. In 1965 we relocated to 655 Stewart Dr in Crescent Heights. Some difficult times caused the church to close. However, with the support of our sister church in Lethbridge, the Baptist Union of Western Canada, and through the perseverance of a faithful core of believers, the church reopened, and we changed our name to Heights Baptist Church. Steady growth necessitated the move to a larger facility and in April of 2003 we took possession of our current location, 1250 Division Ave. S. Our final service at Stewart Dr. was on May 18, 2003 and our dedication service at Division Ave. was on June 1, 2003.